Pre-designed Logo FAQ's
1. What is a Standard Logo™?
2. What is a Premium Logo™?
3. Why should we consider a Standard Logo™?, or Premium Logo™?from Church Logo Gallery?
4. How do Church Logo Gallery's prices/service compare with others?
5. How does the design process work for pre-designed logos?
6. What if I can't find what I'm looking for?
7. Can I trademark the logo?
8. Why choose Church Logo Gallery?
9. Can I use the logo for whatever I want?
Custom Logo FAQ's
1. Why does our church need a logo?
2. Does our church need a custom logo?
3. What should we look for in a church logo?
4. What can we do to help the design process?
5. Do we need to trademark the logo?
6. Will you trademark the logo for us?
Standard Logos™ are pre-designed logos Church Logo Gallery personalizes with your church name, choice of colors, and offers several layout options for you to choose from. Standard Logos are a non-exclusive product, so Church Logo Gallery can't guarantee exclusive use within your area (although we would be happy to tell you where the nearest church using the design is located). Most logos are sold less than 5 times, and less than 10% of our logos are sold more than 10 times. JPG, TIF and EPS formats are included. The final set of files is sent to you through an email link.
Premium Logos™; are limited edition, customized logos. Church Logo Gallery will personalize the logo you select with your church name and colors. Your church will enjoy exclusive use of the logo for at least a 1000 zip code area. Most logos are sold less than 5 times, and less than 5% of our Premium Logos are sold more than 10 times. If you would like to use colors not shown, we will modify the colors at no additional charge. Minor modifications can also be made, often at no additional charge. The final set of files includes 17 files/formats (color and grayscale) designed to meet all of your web, print, sign, banner, and other needs.
Design quality is a key factor, and a quick turnaround time is another. The important question for any organization considering a new logo is whether it conveys the essence of who they are. No logo, no matter how great it is, can tell you everything about your church. What it can, and should tell your community is a single, clear message - that you are worship oriented, a family church, caring, situated in a beautiful geographic location, contemporary, traditional, etc. We've had churches with custom logos call and say they wish they had seen our pre-designed (Standard, or Premium) logos before they purchased their custom logo, because it conveyed who they were better than their custom designed logo.
- We specialize in one thing designing church logos. We know the needs of churches better than anyone. Our expertise may cost more up front, but will save you long-term.
- Customer service is a top priority for us. We are available to talk by phone or through email and welcome the opportunity to discuss your needs so you get the best logo possible. This takes more time, but makes for a logo that is a better fit and it will make you happier with the results.
- We are here to help after the sale. If you lose your files or need a file sent to the printer we are here to help and usually at no cost, to make sure you have what you need.
- Experience. Church Logo Gallery has been around over 10 years and our designers have decades of experience designing and working with churches. We love the Lord and serving the church.
- Made in the USA. We are located in San Diego, CA. We have seen sites where church logos have been designed by the likes Blue Devil from an Eastern European country (really, we are not making this up). At Church Logo Gallery you can actually talk with the people who do your work.
If you compare our prices with other companies that invest the amount of time and expertise that we do, our prices are significantly lower. The bottom line if you are looking for the lowest price, we aren't it. It you are looking for the best value, with personal service now and after the sale, we are a great fit. For more reasons, see Question 8.
- Choose your logo from our website gallery and pay your $30 deposit (for Standard and Premium church logos).
- We (Church Logo Gallery) will design 3 options and email you proofs, usually in just a couple of hours.
- You let us know if any corrections or small changes need to be made (which are included in the price) and well make the changes and email updated proofs.
- When the design meets with your satisfaction, email or call us with your final approval and well make a final set of files designed to meet all your web, print and other needs. We will email you a link that will download all the files to your computer.
Contact us. We might be able to add what you're looking for to our line. If not, we also design custom logos at reasonable rates and would be happy to work with you to achieve just the right look for your church.
While we design each logo as an original logo, the pre-designed logos can't be trademarked by individual churches because they are being offered in other regions.
- Quality. We've won over 50 national and International awards in the past 2 years. We give everything we have to build the church and will help your church communicate with excellence.
- Service. Our customers have given us 99%+ satisfaction ratings for our customer service. We answer our phones and return email messages as quickly as possible (usually within a few minutes). You aren't a number with us, you're the reason we're here. If you want to talk about your project, give us a call. We can pull up your project and work on it while we're talking with you. As one pastor said, "You sure know how to treat a customer."
- We're passionate about churches. We've worked with over 1300 churches, starting with our first church logo in 1982. We regularly keep current with trends and issues that affect churches. This is as much a calling and ministry for us as it is a business. We love the church, and we're here to do our work as unto the Lord.
- We're passionate about helping your church reach your community. Good design, as well as other good communication has a positive effect on ministry and outreach to your community. We'll do everything we can to help your church branding and communications be as effective as possible.
- We're the church logo leader. No one offers the quality or variety of church logos that we do. No one spends more time designing church logos than we do. It's our focus, and we honestly believe we do it as well or better than anyone, at any price.
Yes, you can use the logo for any use you may have signage, marketing, T-shirts, stationery and brochures, Website, etc. The logo is yours to use for as long as you like. The only thing you may not do is resell it to another church.
Custom Logo FAQ's
- It creates a great first impression. We're a visual society that increasingly relies on icons to communicate. What does your logo communicate?
- It's memorable. Like people, faces are easier to remember than names.
- Your logo becomes your face to your community. People will remember your logo and your church better as a result.
- It tells people about your style, personality, and vision. Your logo sets the tone for the rest of your church brand.
- It's the visual foundation for your branding efforts. Communicating a consistent image makes all of your communications more effective. Your logo is the one element that will be used on your website, business cards, signage, bulletins, and more.
Some designers will tell you a custom logo is a must. In an ideal world that is probably true. Good design takes time, which costs more. That is why we offer pre-designed logos. For small churches that don't have a large regional or national presence, pre-designed logos make a lot of sense. For large churches, churches with a large regional, state or national presence, custom logos are more appropriate. A custom logo is also more appropriate if your church is truly unique and you want to be sure your logo is as well.
A good logo is clear, descriptive, memorable, unique, consistent with the personality of your church, and creates a positive first impression to newcomers. Your church affects people on an emotional level, your identity should convey that same personal feeling. Your logo should strike a balance between timeliness with timelessness, tradition and trend.* A good logo will reproduce in both grayscale and color. It will also work well when scaled small for printed items, or large for signage. From: Introduction What Logos Do and How They Do It, Anastatia R. Miller and Jared M. Brown, c. 2000, Rockport Publishers, Inc., 33 Commercial Street, Glouchester,
(Many of these questions are on the Custom Logo Survey)
- Be able to describe the personality of your church.
- Describe the average person/family your church hopes to minister to.
- Tell us about your region. Geographic landmarks, social make-up, business factors.
- Have a clear vision statement (What kind of church will you be known for).
- Tell us about other logos (either church or business logos) you like.
- Give us as much information as you can. We don't need a thick report, but we would rather have too much information than too little.
- Designate a decision maker. Committees and teams are great for input, but strong leadership and the ability to make decisions is vital for moving the process along. Just because there isn't unanimity doesn't mean that the design in question should get eliminated. You may have heard that leaders at Nike hated their logo when they first saw it. But a key decision maker made the decision to "just do it." Today it's one of the most recognized logos in the world.
That's up to you. It is more advantageous for businesses to register trademarks because they are in business to make money and their profits would be affected if they didn't protect their identity. With the church it's a different story. In all likelihood, enforcing a trademark would stop another entity from using your logo, but since there is no profit to protect, it might be unlikely to gain financial restitution (since there was no loss of profit). This is merely my opinion, however, and does not constitute legal advice.
We don't offer this service because it's a legal service, but the links that follow can get you the information you need. You can do the work yourself:
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. They have a good FAQ list and you can download the forms from this site http://www.uspto.gov
Several companies that can assist you in your trademark efforts are: